Sunday, January 24, 2016

Monday Montage #61

One of these days I'm actually going to clean up my craft room ... again ... f'RILLS!!! I haven't cleaned the flat surfaces off since somewhere around the first part of December! Sigh ... Isn't the rule that as long as you have about a 6"x6" space to work in that you're good to go??? Sigh ... I have even less than that and I can't find all my ink pats, glue dots and dimensionals!!! At least I was able to find all the bits and pieces I needed to make a card for this week's Monday Montage!

And it's been SNOWING!!! I'm glad that we have had a series of rain/snowstorms to keep the air around here pretty clear. Salt Lake City often has the WORST air quality in the entire US of A due to the inversions we get during the winter ... this year has been (thankfully) much better than the last few ... for SURE!

Here I go again ... whine-whine-whine ... it's SO hard to come up with "dude" cards ... and I guess that the washi tape I added to this make it the TINIEST bit "girlie" but I don't care!!! I saw an ad in the sidebar on my Facebook feed ("Big Brother!") for some really COOL funky furniture. There was an AWESOME dresser pictured with some eclectic drawers, and THAT was the inspiration for my card. I LOVED the blues/greens/browns/blacks together!!

Stamps: Timeless Textures
Paper: Lost Lagoon, Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe, Soft Sky, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Lost Lagoon, Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe, Soft Sky, Basic Black
Accessories: Washi Label Punch, Tags & Labels Framelits, Candy Dots (Neutrals), Botanical Gardens Designer Washi Tape, Lucky Stars Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, It's My Party Enamel Dots, Burlap Ribbon

I know I keep mentioning all the running I have been doing, but I now am happy to admit that I kinda LOVE running in the cold weather! I think I'm starting to "toughen up" when it comes to temperature (at least as far as running goes). My new "record" cold temperature for a run is between 7 and 10 degrees!!! Brrrrrrr but GREAT!

Click "Back" for Melissa Stout and "Next" for Amy O'Neill ... AWESOME ALL THE TIME, these women!!

 photo blogsignature_zps8e79d50b.png

3 comments:

Amy O said...

What a fun way to use your washi tape! I love the mix of colors you've used too. And running when the temp is below freezing -- I don't even like to think about that. You go, girl!

Elizabeth Price said...

Cool stuff! I love all the textures and colors together they make a perfect "dude" card. Smiles, Elizabeth

MarvA1ix said...

I saw a dresser immediately! I love it! Love the colors and textures, and what a great way to incorporate the stamp set. I think guys will love it, just because it's "interesting".