Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Happy-Shiny NEW Stuffs!!

Do you know how DIFFICULT it is to know that there is a lovely box FULL of shiny-happy new things from the shiny-happy new Stampin' Up catalog sitting on your porch and being unable to even SEE it (let alone TOUCH it) until 10:00 pm after a VERY long day???? I DO!! Sheesh!!! And I was SO tired by the time I got home last night (even my HAIR was tired) that I didn't even have the ENERGY to OPEN the box!! Now THAT'S what I call just plain ol' SAD!!!

GOOD NEWS is that I got up early this morning to play ... despite the fact that I (a) had LOTS of household chores I COULD have done instead (yeah ... right ...) and (b) I SHOULD have gone running or done some sorta exercise ... nah ... wasn't gonna happen!!

Even though I didn't place an overly-large order as soon as I was able (which was at NOON last Monday!) ... I was STILL overwhelmed with all the (dare I say it again??) happy-shiny new stuffs staring back at me from the box after I opened it up this morning??? WHERE to BEGIN??? Sigh ... first.world.problems.

So I made this card before I had to run out the door for another busy-crazy day. And I have been feeling happy-shiny ever since!!

LOVE the new Striped Scallop Thinlits Die!! LOVE the new Little Letters Thinlits dies, too!! Oooooo!! So much to choose from in this new catalog!! If you'd like to see for yourself, just click on the catalog icon on my sidebar to the right ... FUN stuffs, I tell ya!!

Stamps: None
Paper: Whisper White, Pool Party, Real Red, Typeset DSP
Ink: None
Accessories: Striped Scallop Thinlits Die, Little Letters Thinlits Die, Pool Party 1/4" Cotton Ribbon, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Gold Sequin Trim, Sewing Machine

 photo blogsignature_zps8e79d50b.png

9 comments:

Cynthia said...

Super cute card with your new shiny stuffs!!!

Amy O said...

Oh, Wendy! You must have really been exhausted to be able to resist the call of new catalog goodies! But what a wonderful treat to start your day. I'm so glad you've shown this new scallops die! I didn't quite know what to think of it in the catalog, and I didn't see any samples with it. They should just cut and paste your card to put in the on-line catalog -- it would sell a ton!

Patti Willey said...

Hmm, been wondering what this scalloped die would look like, not ONE sample in the Catty what's up with that SU? So nice you opted to select it in your first order! Lovely, keep it up!

Jen Timko said...

That cinches it! I was thinking about the scallop but needed to see it! Thanks, you enabler. Totally cute card!

Cherie said...

You are too, too funny! How can you resist opening a box from Mr. Brown! I love, love, love your card! It is just precious! Guess I'd better go unpack a couple of my boxes. My new markers have been here for 2 weeks and I haven't had time to try them. :(

Tanya said...

It's cute!!
And yes, that IS sad to be SO tired you cant' even open the box! :)

Carol Carriveau said...

AWESOME....! Now I have to add the two new thinlits dies to my ever-growing list!

MarvA1ix said...

I am so happy, happy, happy that you made this card!! I saw that wonderful scalloped thinlets in the catalog, and I went through the book over and over looking for a sample where they used it, and I never did find one. How can they introduce such an incredible looking product and not make something for the catalog using it. Well, wonderful Wendy took a chance and ordered it, and made something with it right away to share with us. HOORAY for Wendy!! I love it. Now, I just wish I had ordered it in the first round like you did.

Patti MacLeith said...

Happy Shiny ideas, too! Thanks for sharing. Living vicariously through you since I haven't placed my order yet!